Thursday, June 2, 2011

This Blog and its Creation

About a month ago, I came out. And before you jump to conclusions about how that sounds, please allow me to explain that the 'coming out' was in the debutante sense. For a few weeks leading up to that, I blogged about it. Then I stopped because I didn't have anything else important to say. Or so I thought.

A few weeks ago, my friend Jessica beseeched me to 'make [her] more blog noms.' So that's what I'm doing. Not just because she asked me to, but because I miss it and sometimes I just have something to say.

So here we are. Although this might be one of the worst possible times, seeing as I am exhausted, it's going on 1:30 AM, and I'm in a weird, confused, emotional state which may or may not lead me to say something I will later regret.

I'm Alexa. I'm 18 years old, two days away from graduating from high school, an aspiring writer (of no current specific type), and moving to Boston in approximately three months for college. I like weird nerdy things, books, the Internet, owls, coffee, music, my ukulele, food, my dog, my parents, clothes, and my friends.

I really like my friends. In fact, this is a blog intended to be mostly about friendship, and how we are about to spend our last several weeks together in this strange little town we call home, where everything except Starbucks closes at or before 10 PM and there is always construction happening on Main Street.

I will, at times, get very nostalgic, so if you are unprepared for that, you might want to GTFO. I don't mean that harshly or rudely, just don't say I didn't warn you.

Other than that, I can't really make you any promises. I can't promise to be funny or touching or even likable. But if you're interested and have not yet done so, you are more than welcomed to check out my other blog, Tales of a Bohemian Debutante, because that one was kind of fun.

I think that's all I can do for you in this post. Bye. :)

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty lay-out, Lex! Remember, consistency is the key to blogging. Try to put something up everyday, even if it's just a picture.

    ReplyDelete