Friday, June 10, 2011

I'm Annoyingly Far Behind

Hey. So. I sort of owe you three posts. I may only do two for the time being because I rationalized that it was okay for me not to write anything after N2N because I was emotionally confused.

So, speaking of Next to Normal...

We're going again. And making Zach go with us. Because it's WORTH IT. It was so, so amazing. More incredible than I anticipated, and I was fairly certain I was going to love it. It was just so good. It was profound, well cast, and well done. I guess I forgot that Alice Ripley, who was the original Broadway cast Diana is also part of the touring company as Diana. So I had this moment when I sat down when I was like, 'I never thought I would get the chance to see Next to Normal' and then I was like, 'I never thought I would get the chance to see Next to Normal with Alice Ripley as Diana.

It was just excellent. And I'm so excited to repeat the experience next Thursday. It's going to be fun all over again.

But, seriously, I embarrassed myself so much that evening. First of all, I picked the wrong shoes to climb a bunch of stairs up to Row X in the second balcony. I just should not have worn black strappy heeled sandals. It was a poor decision. Especially because there were no railings up in our part of the balcony, so I basically had to clutch Jessica's hand as I was descending the stairs. I was musical drunk. The guy who played Gabe, the hot dead son, was really attractive. And I like attractive singing boys so much it's almost not okay. And so I giggled a lot. And then I cried quite a bit during the second half. So I was just a sloppy mess between the girly giggling, the crying, and the musical drunkenness.

Since we are who we are, there was a lot of singing in the car. A little Tangled, some Anastasia, some Ingrid Michaelson, and of course a bit of N2N. It was just a genuinely fun trip. And we went to Waffle House afterwards which was hilarious because it was getting late and we were getting sleepy and we were just giggly. Julie says especially prolific things after approximately 10 PM.

I just cannot even wait to go again. It's going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment